Thursday, March 2

Back to my everyday life

Well I've been most distracted last week with all the excitement of getting new counters and backsplash in my kitchen. There were only 2 things I wasn't thrilled with about my new house and now they are all the way I love. I did get a good bit of jewelry and sewing done while they were working in there just due to the fact I had to stay out of the way and I ended up in my happy room all day for several days. Forced into productivity - what ever it takes, right? I'm so tickled I have to show you. And a good thing my old counter tops went to a new home.  I also got the big one bowl sink I prefer. None of this was in my budget, but it makes me happy, I'll just cut back on, well most everything, but still got that big stupid grin going on.


I need to hang up my piggies don't I.


The weather here has been odd. Last week we were walking on the greenway in short sleeves and today it was in the 30's. Then we had a bad storm day yesterday, I was lucky and only got hail and lots of rain. Just north of here there was moderate wind damage (trees mostly). So now that I have the house back in shape from the kitchen update I can get back to having creative time. I have projects on the sewing machine, and WIP on the bench. I love it that way. 

This is a little mini quilt for my kitchen table center. 
It will have a piece of pottery sitting on it or maybe a basket. 
Moda grunge and Tim Holtz fabrics - I love them together. 
I like the look of straight line quilting mixed with
freemotion, but the straight line seems to take forever. 

After the computer death (big sigh) I have been dealing with the loss of photos. I retook a lot of jewelry photos last week. For some reason I had put a ton of the pics of Ian on 2 cds for Angel the day the computer went bye bye so at least a lot of them are still around. Another thing is my old software (I've been told) won't work on this computer, so I've lost my art/design capabilities. (huge sigh/whine) Not sure yet what I'll do about that. I'll think about that tomorrow and just make pretty stuff today. Have a good creative day. 


No comments: