Sunday, December 11

Christmas will be here in no time - yea I'm ready. Well I'm blaming it on moving, ok that's good yea it was moving. OK excuse out of the way. So this year things aren't as decorated. There are still decoration boxes in the garage that didn't get opened. I'm finding I don't want to do quite as much now. But I did do something new this year I've never done before and that is I have a tiny bit of decorations outside! Oh my goodness, my house has always looked like scrooge's cousin from the outside. I have lights on the porch! Mercy me call the decorating police. It is still very sedate, but I love it. I had metal reindeer out their but it's so very windy here they just kept being blown over. So Jack volunteered to put up the lights and little did he know he had a helper. 


Ian started off very excited to help put up the lights. He was out in the driveway waiting for Jack to get here then he realized it wasn't all that much fun. He stuck with it thou. 

I had to let go of my old Christmas tree, there was no way it would fit in living room. I posted a curb alert and in less than an hour it was off to it's new home. I now have a pencil tree and decorated it in monotone grey, silver and clear glass. Also a big change from my normal very colorful cartoon tree. So things continue to have slight changes in my life, I've even cut my hair short! I didn't see that coming. 


With all my shows behind me now I've been working on my Etsy shop and will be creating new jewelry feverishly to be ready for spring shows. All of my really "Royce" pieces have sold, so I need to get to work. Here are a few of the pieces I've made in the last few days. 




It's turned cold and being all warm and in my little house is very comforting. The house is feeling like home now. 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am glad to hear that the little house is feeling like home. Changes can be good for us- especially those of us of an "age."
Ian has a good start on a good work ethic since he stuck with it.

Jenny said...

Your hair looks great, and I love your glasses. Missed having you at our guild Christmas party, but glad to hear you're well!