Monday, November 7

The Big Rush

I had a show this past weekend at St Stephens Church and it was Saturday and Sunday. I did very well and possible made a new record of selling 27 necklaces, and assorted earrings. So my inventory which was low already is in sad shape now. My next show is Nov. 19th and a bigger show on December 3. So it's full production mode for me now. I'll be adding several new designs that are specific for this area for the December show. 


One of the other artists at the show was Phil Ponder who is a wonderful artist. He well know for his  wonderful detailed drawings of Tennessee land marks such as the Nashville skyline which I've seen in quite a few homes. I've always admired his work and yesterday I came home with 2 of his prints. 

This first one was a gift from Jack. He saw how my eyes glazed over looking and it and bought it for me. Mr Ponder called him Clyde Jr. This moth was caught in a spider web out side of one of his windows and he went out and knocked him loose and he landed on the window sill laying just like this. Poor Clyde's life had been taken by the spider but now he will live forever in these great prints. I really love this drawing. 


Since he has a lot of the local areas in his drawings I asked if he had one of Murfreesboro and he said yes to the square. He couldn't find one in his inventory so he said he would look at home for me. Sure enough he found one and framed it and brought it the next day. 
I love it, and it is special for my new home. 



Well back to the workbench and get more jewelry done. 2 weeks to the next show!

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

It is great that your sales were so good. But now it is really back to work time.

The nice artwork will make a lovely addition to your home.