Tuesday, November 22

Holidays - Oh how I love them

I've just put the last show of the year behind me and now it's time to really get going for the holidays. I have a quilt on the machine ready to be quilted. Fabric stacked on the other machine ready to be cut. Canvases ready for backgrounds - well in other words - fun stuff a-plenty. 

The weather has turned cool - cold and it will soon be Thanksgiving. Since this is my first Thanksgiving in my new home we will have our dinner here. The turkey is waiting in the frig and the menu settled and the shopping done - I think I'm ready. 

For some reason the days before the holidays I always feel the need to do something new to the house. Why... don't you have enough on your plate? I guess not. Yesterday I painted an accent wall in the kitchen and hung a shelf and photos. The kitchen is yellow, it's a nice color of yellow, but I'm just not crazy about yellow. I went grey on this wall and I really like it.


This is only part of the wall, there are more photos etc, but this shows the flavor. At the bottom - my new Phil Ponder print of downtown Murfreesboro. Other tiny treasures are on the shelf. It was hard to decide if I wanted to add the white wash on the larger frame. It's an old frame that's been hanging in my home for many years - it's never had a thing in it. I think the light wash is a good update for it.

I've shown my fairy house collection here before and this past Saturday I made a new addition. Craftsman Jim Cohran can really bring the hidden treasures from a piece of wood. This one has an opening in the back for a light source. I will have to get that lit very soon. 


Another thing I need to get busy with is loading photos and info to my Etsy Shop. I'm very behind on that. Not one of my favorite things to do but hey it has to be done. Well, I must be off, much to do. 

The holidays are a wonderful time, remember to enjoy each moment. 
If things start feeling too hectic then back off and remember you are just
a human and can only do so much. #nostresshoilidays

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Happy Holidays to you also!