Sunday, January 24

Snowed In And Loving It

I know a lot of people who hate being snowed in, but I'm not one of them. I'm just as happy to have the great excuse to sew non stop or sit on the couch drawing pad in my lap watching movies. I call these ME days and I make the most of it.

Being in the South we are not used to snow - our normal winter snow fall is maybe 2" max the whole winter. We got 8-9 inches Friday! I did venture out today to make a path to the car, tried to get the snow off it but after 20 min was just too cold. Not being the outdoorsy type I don't have the correct bundle up gear. So back I came and stood on the heat vent to warm up my footies. 

This is the view from the sewing machine. 
It was kind of hard to not just sit and look
out the window when it was snowing big flakes


I put out food on the front porch for my little urban furry and feathered friends. 
I had tossed some corn in the yard but they won't find that for days now. 
Evidence that it was appreciated. 


So yesterday I sat in the warm cozy sewing room,
I needed instant gratification so I made Mug Rugs. 


After getting warmed up with these little bits I thought I'd get out the Sashiko
I've not played with this for quite a few years. 
Love the stitches so pretty



Working on the new banner for Etsy, the blog and Facebook, 
getting all the little bits ready to hopefully open Etsy first half of next month. 

3 comments:

Robbie said...

We now winter in Florida so hubby can golf...but if and when we don't head south, I'd be like you and happy for the excuse to NOT go out and have those ME days! Good for you!

Quilt Rat said...

LOVE your new banner!!!!!

Barb said...

There is something to be said about fast projects..spurs you on to doing other things...instant gratification is great.