Skip to main content
The first craft show of the season is behind me. We set up the tent on Friday and the weather Friday night was horrid so I was much relieved to see the tent standing just as I'd left it on Saturday morning. Several were not as lucky. You can never have too many tent weights! Saturday the winds blew and the temp dropped. By afternoon we were in jackets and trying to stay in the tent to keep out of the wind. We did chase down some of my display several times and necklaces did jump into the grass and try to escape but they were found. 
I had great helpers at the show. My sister in law Kayren was my morning helper and this was her first time to do that. It was great - we have such similar since of humor we had a real good time despite the early hours and cold/wind. 
I did splurge and buy this cart a few days before the
show and what a life saver it was. It holds more than
I could ever load up on it and rolls pretty well in grass.

Here is cheerful Kayren at the crack of dawn setting up. 
Yes it was cool and we were drinking coffee to wake up 
and stay warm. 

Here are a few shots from my booth. I've collected
a few old vintage cases to use in the display. 
One of the 3 judges commented how nice my display was.




I of course did a little shopping while I was there, one
photograph for my self and a Christmas gift. Also got
some yummy hand made soap. 

The vendor next to our tent sold candy...well I guess
you know how that went. I didn't want to be a pig and
eat his samples but that problem was solved when he
brought them over to us. We didn't want to hurt his
feelings so we ate them. 

We did a trade and I took half the price in
yea you guessed it - toffee. I'm set for a while - yea!
He also made caramels which my niece purchased.

Well now to do a few non jewelry things between shows. 
I have a quilt on the machine and a redecorating project in
the works - so lots to do. 
Next show is first weekend in November. 
Glad to say it's indoors.


Comments

Gene Black said…
I hope your sales were as brisk as the weather!
B J Elder said…
Great cart to haul your stuff and great help! So glad all went so well, despite Mother Nature bringing on the wind.Your display is awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

Another Big Change...

 that I'm thrilled about. 

Next week unless something unforeseen happens I'll be closing on the sale of my 1925 house in East Nashville and moving away from the part of town I was born, grew up and lived in for the bulk of 61 years. 

This little town is no longer little, or quite, or like I remember. It's growing by leaps and bounds. I like change don't get me wrong but this is too much too fast. I think it's great that for the first time in my memory there is a restaurant close enough to walk to. 
There are great little art galleries, shops and wonderful restaurants popping up all over the place. The meat and three I've eaten at for 15+ years is now very popular. All of this is good - great even. 

But now I want slow and quite.  I've heard that 90+ people a day are moving to Nashville! So I figure this is the time to sell my house and move out of town to a nice quite place. So I call a friend who just happens to be a great realtor and bam! She finds me a house…

Holidays - Oh how I love them

I've just put the last show of the year behind me and now it's time to really get going for the holidays. I have a quilt on the machine ready to be quilted. Fabric stacked on the other machine ready to be cut. Canvases ready for backgrounds - well in other words - fun stuff a-plenty. 

The weather has turned cool - cold and it will soon be Thanksgiving. Since this is my first Thanksgiving in my new home we will have our dinner here. The turkey is waiting in the frig and the menu settled and the shopping done - I think I'm ready. 

For some reason the days before the holidays I always feel the need to do something new to the house. Why... don't you have enough on your plate? I guess not. Yesterday I painted an accent wall in the kitchen and hung a shelf and photos. The kitchen is yellow, it's a nice color of yellow, but I'm just not crazy about yellow. I went grey on this wall and I really like it.


This is only part of the wall, there are more photos etc, but this sh…

Managing Time

One thing I have found during the last 10 months is I have trouble managing my time like I have in the past. Seems like distractions and life run all over the schedules I make. I sometimes wonder if I'm like the little dog in UP and get the squirrel distraction.
For what ever the reasons this blog has drifted off into my Scarlet area of "I'll deal with it tomorrow. "

With my first show of the year just a few weeks out I'd normally be in full swing of creating new pieces for the show. I have only started creating again a few months back and seem to be getting into the flow of working at my bench once again, thou now as regular as I did in the past.  Here are a few of the recent items.


 This brass butterfly was given a rusted look with alcohol inks. 
An old sewing machine bulb, the end of a fork and some wings created this pendant
The focal element of this necklace is from a vintage bracelet
Then one day I decided to get out the poly clay again.  I've not done anythin…