Thursday, September 4

Looking Towards The Next Day

It seems that as much as I try I am not as organized as I was "before". So when I have a good day of getting things done and not getting side tracked - it most excellent! I have a show coming up in 4 weeks and need to be at my bench as much as possible - life does get in the way thou. There are those silly house chores, then work of course - if only all you had to do was play - but then as my sister in law will say - yea I've got this silly habit of needing to eating. So you try to push your art into your daily life. 


I saw this posted on pinterest the other day
and it seemed so perfect


AN ARTIST
CANNOT FAIL
IT IS A SUCCESS
TO BE ONE
                                                                  Charles Horton Cooley

Well Mr. Cooley you are so correct. Today I received a letter from a show I had applied for. I'd sent in my application about 4-6 days before the deadline. It ended up they had a lot of jewelry folks apply and I didn't make it in. I was disappointed that I won't do this show, but for the first time I wasn't disappointed in myself or my art. Knowing you produce good work is a treasure in your soul and not letting anyone take that from you is a gift. My sweet Bobby gave me that gift. He had faith in me and what ever I did - and in time that faith became mine too. So it's easy to be a success - you just have to keep creating art. 


These 3 pieces are formed around several
poly clay hearts I made a while back. 


"Uncage My Heart"

"Key to My Happiness" 

"Timelessness of Love"

Messing around with chalk paint again
on a frame I'll use in my booth


2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am so happy to hear that you are keeping the spirit. Uncage my heart is a lovely piece - but then they all are, - it is my favorite.

B J Elder said...

YOU are definitely an artist! No-one can take it from you. Your beauty and spirit come out in your work! I think God has even better plans ahead for you than the one show that said no. :D