Monday, January 20

Wonderful Weekend

We had a really nice weekend. Hubby works so many Saturdays that it's rare for us to get to do things together but he was off and we met up with my sister and her family for a fun outing to celebrate her birthday.
We started off with a trip to the container store (I'd never been there) it was quite overwhelming. I saw tons of stuff I wanted but they are a bit high in price but so very nice. There were having a sale on one brand that I liked and did buy a metal basket that is the perfect size for storing fat quarter sized fabrics.


After we plundered around in the store for a good while (till little Ian & the husbands were bored stiff) we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. That of course was most yummy. On the way home hubby and I stopped at Home Depot and I picked up the other shelves I needed for completing the organizing of the fabric room. I refolded fabric and sorted it for what seemed like hours but it's all in order once again.
I found half finished projects, fabric cut out that I no longer remember what it was for and other "wonderful" surprises.

I just have more stuff than space and I am so sentimental that somethings I just can't let go of.  After all those craft shows I just took all my booth display and dumped it in the room and in short order it came to this sad state.
I couldn't get to my cutting table at all and as you can see
the fabric cutter is covered with quilts. 
I just couldn't stand to even go in there. 

Now all the folding tables are folded up except the one with the studio cutter on it.
All fabric has been sorted by type/color and put in little bins/baskets. All the items on
each shelf go together (general craft/jewelry display/fabric) so hopefully it will stay this way for a good while - or till craft show season hits again.

I am coming into the home stretch of the book I am illustrating - only 4 pages left to finalize! We are hopeful to get it to the printers the first half of February. After that I'll be sharing a little sneak peak.




2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Royce you can just come on down to my house and start organizing. I am sure I could keep you busy for a couple of weeks (or months.)

B J Elder said...

Looking GREAT. Doesn't it feel good to have things all organized? Of course they never stay that way, but once organized it is usually easier to get it back to that 'perfect' place when a project is done.
It's been a long time since I've been to the Container Store, but it is definitely a drool shop for those who like to be organized! LOL