Saturday, June 22

Where has the time gone?

Well I look back on here and think didn't I just post a few days ago? Well I guess not. Not sure where my time goes but it flies by so quickly. My sewing room looks like a bomb went off in here due to me being in the early stages of a mixed media project. Part is on the sewing cabinet and it has spread to the jewelry bench and even overflows into the chair. I always seem to make the biggest messes when doing mixed media due to the many supplies I like to use. I am trying to get them under control thou.

One day while walking threw JoAnn I saw this oh so cute little faux suitcase that had been red tagged for a quick sale and I thought hey you need to come home with me. 
I thought I could use it for something but not sure what

Also picked up some new trims - some 
were marked down as low as 50 cents a yard

I went nuts when I saw this black beaded trim
for 97 cents a yard

Then it hit me where to store all these trims

I did get a few jewelry things done this week
 simple cuff bracelet - love the big butterfly

and a brooch with copper, aluminum and a beautiful bead from Red Dog

There was a arts/crafts show near my house and since it
was so close I dropped in this morning. I just couldn't
pass up this print. I love all things Star Wars and
Bodda Fett is my fav charter in the movies. 
For those non fans he is a bounty hunter and
pretty much a no nonsense bad guy. 
Him holding a bunny was just too much of a twist. 
After getting a frame I'll hang this next to my
jewelry bench. Just love it. 


And another art project that I did was completed this morning. 
(remember the zen coffee - drawing while I have my morning cup of joe)
Well this took 2 mornings and it's to show those little crazy/silly/or sometimes
completely rational ideas that just pop out of my head. 
Sometime I think that little trap door gets locked cause creativity stops
and it's hard to get it started again. I guess that is when my little monster
pushes hard and breaks out. 


Well back to the fiber cuff assembly line.



3 comments:

Robin said...

I'm here to see if you're posting any hexie pictures... will continue to look. In the meantime, I enjoyed the variety of pictures and stories in this post, am intrigued by the fiber cuff project, and love the bunny print!

B J Elder said...

Love the Boba Fett picture!Too cute. What a lot of great finds you have recently acquired. Your creativity is so wonderful - I love seeing the variety of things you come up with, in so many different mediums. Such talent. Hoping some will rub off on me! LOL

Gene Black said...

I am so evil - I saw Boba Fett and the bunny and thought "oh he has caught his lunch"

I love the butterfly cuff. I want to see fabric cuffs when they are finished.