Sunday, June 2

Every Little Scrap

I'm not one for saving scraps or making scrappy quilts. I did save scraps when I first started quilting but they got out of hand quickly and I decided that it would't be good for me to try to save these. How to sort them etc just didn't work out well. So I only keep scraps now that are pretty good size, and it has to be of a fabric I have other larger sections of. That way I can see me using it at some point. 

That being said thou I had the scraps from the recent baby quilt still on the machine and wanted to make a little something and surprise I used up every single bit of them. What a shocker. Normally they would have become trash. Sorry if you scrappy quilt makers are rolling your eyes now, but I just can't help myself. I have enough clutter issues as it is. 
With my improve method of quilting you often end up with a few pre cut shapes left over and it made these 2 little project sew up very quickly. 

Crazy little monster still needs a face and stuffing. 
Good tv watching handwork.
One guess who will end up with this?

This little mat will go on the kitchen counter.

The quilting was all just go with the flow. 
I hate to say it but this makes me want to redo
my kitchen window treatments to something a
bit fun and modern. What can one little mat cause?

This morning I looked on line to find possible patterns
for this fabric and I found several that I liked.
All very modern. So I'll need a good solid, more
than likely white and I'll be ready to start cutting. 

Well I need to go do house work. I played all day
yesterday too and got none of that boring stuff done.




2 comments:

Jenny said...

After talking about this collection at the last meeting, I'll be excited to see what pattern you ultimately settle on. Cute lil monster.

MissMary said...

No shame in not being a scrap hoarder. I'm having a lot of fun busting through mine this summer - seem to be on a mission to sew up as much of my stash as I can! :-) Sweet monster - great idea!