Friday, April 19

#3 in the series almost done

Well this is the 3rd of the 3 wall hangings I'm doing and I'm getting very close to having it done. I WILL get it done today. I just couldn't wait thou to show you how it's turning out. I've used several different techniques on these 3 for surface embellishments and today I'm playing with angelina. I got a bunch of it at a quilt show several years ago and have never worked with it beyond a few ATCs. It's one of those things that I think might have endless possibilities. 

This is the selection of colors I have.

I used the pink and purple here.

Twisted and mixed the 2 colors together

Folded the paper towel with the fibers in the middle
and ironed at cotton setting

The Angelina is now very flat and all melted 
together - but amazing it won't stick to the paper. 

It's very shiny and the colors merge together

Then I used some left over jelly roll from some 
Christmas fabrics and created the
dimensional flower petals

After the cloth petals were sewn in place then I
added the Angelina. It's sewn between the petals. 

You can see the loops in the cloth better here. 

 

 Now her flowers are all blooming in her garden. Next the leaves...

I'm sure most art quilters have heard of or used Angelina, but
if you haven't you should give it a try, it's really fun. You can sew
it onto your quilt flat as a layer in your embellishments, mix the
colors and make it much thicker too. Lots of possibilities for sure. 




2 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

Loving this series!!!!!

Jenny said...

gorgeous. thanks for the how-to.