Skip to main content

Good Day To Stay Inside

Well it's pretty cool today and with the exception of going out with little Ginger I'm keeping warm inside. I have a quilt on the machine and was also finishing up a few pieces of jewelry. 


Last weekend was pretty busy. Both days were very
nice outside and it made all my fun activities that much for enjoyable.

On Saturday (which was national quilt day) we had our
guild meeting. We had 4 new ladies drop by and we
had a nice show and tell after our regular meeting. 

Afterwards I stopped by Red Dog Beads and
picked up 2 strands of this beautiful white turquoise. 

 Then on Sunday we celebrated

Ian's 4th birthday!



We went out to eat with a group of our friends and Ian loved 
riding this motorcycle with his best girl buddy Ava. 
Isn't she the cutest!
I ordered frog legs and he ate a bite of one
and then said not bad frog leg. We thought we
were tricking him and he didn't know what they were...
hum that will show us. 

Then after a good lunch we get back to Ian's house
and he takes little Ava for another spin. 

Here he's sporting his "4" shirt that is mom
(my oh so talented sister) made. 


 And of course cake and ice-cream 


This seemed to be his favorite present. 
I was shocked this kids drill has reverse and different bits!
And of course he figured it out himself pretty quickly. 

Pretending to be sleeping to model his new PJs
that Aunt Woyce made

And a few new jewelry pieces





Comments

MissMary said…
Love those round earrings - have they already found a new home?
Gene Black said…
Those two children are just adorable. I love the picture in the car.
B J Elder said…
Looks like a very happy four year old! The jammies turned out GREAT! And frogs legs? He's braver than me. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Today is a good day to stay in and work on projects and cook a big pot of veggie beef soup. The older I get the more I dislike cold weather. I have been busy with getting the etsy shop back up and loading items. The last 2 shows put a big dent in my inventory (yea!) so I need to be at the bench as much as I can. 

I did spend the morning yesterday wrapping packages. I listened to Christmas music and it really got me in a happy mood.
Here is the new smaller tree. 
 It would seem that somehow in the move I lost or left all my wrapping paper.  So I got a new roll and a few bags.  I don't normally have it all matching.  My sister was teasing me that I'd had some of my wrapping paper for 10 years...maybe I had, hum.
My current quilting project is a table topper for a friend.  She is very fond of Red Birds. 

Finished the big quilt that was on the "long arm" and how sad is this - I'm using it for a staging table for the items I'm listing on Etsy. I take photos, weigh jewelry and…

Holidays - Oh how I love them

I've just put the last show of the year behind me and now it's time to really get going for the holidays. I have a quilt on the machine ready to be quilted. Fabric stacked on the other machine ready to be cut. Canvases ready for backgrounds - well in other words - fun stuff a-plenty. 

The weather has turned cool - cold and it will soon be Thanksgiving. Since this is my first Thanksgiving in my new home we will have our dinner here. The turkey is waiting in the frig and the menu settled and the shopping done - I think I'm ready. 

For some reason the days before the holidays I always feel the need to do something new to the house. Why... don't you have enough on your plate? I guess not. Yesterday I painted an accent wall in the kitchen and hung a shelf and photos. The kitchen is yellow, it's a nice color of yellow, but I'm just not crazy about yellow. I went grey on this wall and I really like it.


This is only part of the wall, there are more photos etc, but this sh…

Managing Time

One thing I have found during the last 10 months is I have trouble managing my time like I have in the past. Seems like distractions and life run all over the schedules I make. I sometimes wonder if I'm like the little dog in UP and get the squirrel distraction.
For what ever the reasons this blog has drifted off into my Scarlet area of "I'll deal with it tomorrow. "

With my first show of the year just a few weeks out I'd normally be in full swing of creating new pieces for the show. I have only started creating again a few months back and seem to be getting into the flow of working at my bench once again, thou now as regular as I did in the past.  Here are a few of the recent items.


 This brass butterfly was given a rusted look with alcohol inks. 
An old sewing machine bulb, the end of a fork and some wings created this pendant
The focal element of this necklace is from a vintage bracelet
Then one day I decided to get out the poly clay again.  I've not done anythin…