Monday, February 11

More Fun Stuff

Well I'm working on my favorite part of a quilt - the quilting. I am not as fond of piecing as I am quilting. Quilting is very much like drawing the zen doodles for me and I just love it. I am quilting this quilt with a different version of meandering. I call it flames. I'm sure it has a "proper name" but I've no clue what it is. I was close to quilting this with teal thread but changed my mind. The binding will be red Moda Grunge. 
 The "blocks" on the front of this quilt are a panel. 
I couldn't resist it when I saw it. It has all these quilting terms
written all over it. 

 The back shows the quilting pattern a bit better. 

I did add this one 12" wonky block on the back using
several of the fabrics with the binding red in the center.  


More of the wire work I'm playing around with now.
The stone and shell casing are done in an even netting and
the antler tip was an experiment in reducing knots
and changing the pattern as I went. 

2 comments:

Nina Marie said...

I struggle sometimes on where the quilting design should take me! I love the wire work! I would like to invite you to link up with our Off the Wall Friday on my blog. Its art quilt driven and we find it inspiring and motivating.

Marti said...

I love your one wonky block on the back with the bit of red color. Very cool!