Friday, January 4

Today's To Do List

The first thing I did this morning was try to get my workroom straighten up a bit. You know how things can get. I finally hung up my rulers and got them off the sewing cabinet and stacked all the fabric that some how collects there too. I have several projects I need to work on today and got those organized and ready to start on. 

I had a request for the I Love East Nashville art I did a while back and have all the elements printed and a frame ready to put it all together. 


Our guild is having a block of the month this year and each month one of our members will be teaching a block. The fabric is from the Flirt collection by Sandy Gervais. This program will be held in conjunction with Sew Red for Women, which is sponsored by Burgundy Buttons. The block I'll be doing in March will be my favorite Improve type design. These are the 3 fabrics I've chosen from the collection. 


I've started the planning/picking out fabric for my next quilt for myself. 
Hey look it's Moda grunge! What a surprise. I still need to find more of the gray. 


This morning I was looking at a tin my mother in law sent me and wondered how hard it would be to cut the tin apart to use the metal in jewelry. 
I started working on it with my metal shears and was getting no where fast. Plus I was setting myself up for a lot of sharp metal edges to cut around. Then hubby suggested I use my Dremel tool with a saw blade. 
Hum I've not tried cutting metal with that before. 
Oh my what a rush that was. Sparks flew everywhere.
It was quite exciting and I've learned now how to do this. 
I'm a good bit thou from cutting a straight line as you can see. 
But this cookie tin will become a cuff bracelet
and possibly matching earrings.
More on that later. 


So today I have fabric to cut and a few other things to get done. 
Like making brownies - yum. 

I just noticed from this photo that I either need to stop buying 
pliers or get another bar to put them on...better pick up another bar.

Jewelry tools, wire, beads, fabric, batting - good thing I work at JoAnn's.

No comments: