Saturday, January 12

70 in January!


Well after days of rain and being cooped up indoors (my day job office has no windows) sitting at a computer I sure needed a day out doors. My sister called and said little Ian wanted to go to the zoo and the weather yesterday was perfect. So off we go. 



Any excuse to see my favorite animal there. 

We walked around and looked at a good bit of the zoo then had lunch then hit the play ground. That is where Aunt Woyce really gets a workout. Running climbing and lifting Ian. Keeping up with him in their great play area is a challenge. After we left there I just couldn't bring myself to go home so I stopped at our local bead shop - Red Dog Beads and did a little shopping. Followed by a quick stop at the Post Office then the local ice cream shop = yummy coffee toffee makes me smile. 

So today it is raining again and I'll stay in and work on the new book about Seymour Bluffs. Just getting started on the illustrations so I have a good bit to do. The sewing machine and tool bench call to me but for today they must be ignored. That is the hard part about working at home you must stay focused. 

I've picked out all the fabric for the next quilt, which is for Ian. I'm going to make an I Spy quilt for him. I have a good collection of kid fabric which will be perfect for this. Hopefully tomorrow I will get it all cut out. That was by the way on the to do list last weekend but you know how that goes. So now back to the drawing tablet. 

Oh and 2 new bracelets I've made recently. 



1 comment:

B J Elder said...

I just finished piecing an eye spy quilt for Bailey for her birthday. They are such fun for kids. Your day at the zoo sounds like it was great fun, as well as great exercise! Special moments and lasting memories being made.