Friday, November 16

A New Technique

Yesterday Stefanie and I took a trapunto class at the Quilting Squares in Franklin. It was wonderful fun and I love this technique. I've admired it for years at the quilt show/museum and thought it much harder than it is. Our teacher sure did make it easy and now I can't wait to do more.




I wish I'd taken step by step photos cause even thou this might look hard it was so easy. 
It will be showing up in some of my wall hangings in the near future. 


I of course did a little shopping after class and got a new ruler. A 12.5 x 6.5 Creative Grids. If you haven't tried one of these they are great. They have built in non-slip as part of the ruler so no more sticking little rubber feet on the back. These slide easy on the fabric when no pressure is applied and hold tight with just a little pressure. I love them and so easy to read. The ones with the semi neon print on them make me crazy. 

Only 14 days till my next jewelry show - the last one this year. Gladly everything is pretty much ready to go. 

3 comments:

B J Elder said...

Your trapunto work looks great. It makes for such a great look and texture for projects.

scott davidson said...

What an interesting blog, introduced by a thought-provoking photo. The unusual wall painting of the dwellings is also a strangely modern interpretation. Something like this hieroglyphic view of a park by Swiss painter Paul Klee, http://EN.WahooArt.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8LT475.
The image can be seen at wahooart.com who can supply you with a canvas print of it.

Chartreuse Moose said...

Ooooh, I love trapunto...but assumed it was out of my league! Will look forward to more posts and adventures in trapunto'in!
Happy Stitching!