Monday, October 22

A Little of this and that

Well this weekend I had a wonderful 2 days in a row at home. A unique thing for me hear lately. So on Saturday I cleaned all day - while working 6 days a week for several weeks things got a bit dusty. So on Sunday I decided that I would play a bit in the morning. I had several small quilt projects pinned and ready to free motion so those got knocked out first. 
The small squares are candle mats which will be given as gifts at Thanksgiving.
They will have cream color pillar candles and some Christmas greenery.
The larger one will have several candles and a spray of mixed Christmas florals.

A few weeks ago I decided to finally add the embellishment to the men's
vest I picked up at Goodwill. I wanted this to wear to shows. I wanted it to show
my mixture of fiber and metal. I was getting ready for a class I was teaching on 
mixing zippers/metal and fibers with your jewelry making. 

Here is a little pile of goodies I used for the class project. 

These are several of the items I took to class to show 
as examples of this technique. 

Working with the pearls in 
the pink piece with the crown made me want to 
try out the pearls in a new type of design for me. 


Not quite my normal style but I like it. 
So I have a new project on the sewing machine. 
Another present that needs to be finished by mid November. 
Can't show you that one thou cause it's
new mommy reads this blog. 

And believe it or not last night I even started working on my
English paper piecing again. I have a goal of finishing this lap
quilt by my 60th birthday - I hope. The sections are pretty small. 

No comments: