Sunday, September 16

A Fun Day At Quilt Guild

Yesterday was our monthly meeting of the Music City Modern Quilter's Guild and we had a wonderful workshop (and a great lunch) and learned how to do the cathedral windows block by machine. I've always loved this pattern but thought it had to be done by hand. Not that I have the mental block I once had about hand work but I do save my hand work for my Grandmother's Flower Garden lap quilt that is an on going project of mine. I joke and say I'll have it completed by age 60. So yesterday I learned the quick way of doing the cathedral windows. Jan was our teacher and she did a great job and we all enjoyed this technique. This is what I accomplished in class and hope to finish this up in the next few days. I plan on this becoming a table runner. 


Picked up a few new Christmas fabrics
last week and can't wait to start working on several
table runners using these. 



I am in a UFO swap and my swap partner sent me two blocks. 
These sweet traditional blocks sat on my machine for
about 2 weeks waiting for me to get over a bad cold and to 
also think of what I wanted to do. 

 It came to me today that I'd not done any of my
version of crazy quilting and I had a lot of fun 
getting this little table runner done. It's all ready to 
be shipped to it's new home. 



1 comment:

B J Elder said...

Love your cathedral windows you did. The inner fabric is wonderful! It's going to be a great table runner.
I was just thinking about you when your blog popped up! Glad you are feeling a bit better now.