Wednesday, August 1

0 - 60 stitches

Well I've got the petal to the floor today getting my fall swap as close to done as possible. One of the "rules" for the swap is that you need to use the section of fabric your swap partner sent you. I lucked up big time and got a beautiful section of rusted fabric. Just perfect for my fall leaves. 

Below the first leaf I tried out. 
My machine isn't liking the thickness,
but in the end it will come around, it always does. 

I was even brave enough to try out this antiquing solution
I picked up at The Quilting Square a while back. 
I'd already spent about 4 hours working on the 
background but threw caution to the wind and
sprayed this all over it. 


Here is a little area showing how it looks. 

I sent off the baby quilt, a swap, Etsy order and
the application for The Fontanel Mansion 
Whites Creek Craft Festival today. 
There will be a lot of other events
going on there the day of the festival.
Full info an dates etc on the craft show page. 


Now back to speed free motion. 
Do I hear the quilt police - pull over you crazy quilter.


2 comments:

B J Elder said...

LOL - love it! I have my 'Greased Lightning' going today too. My does it ever sew FAST!
I need to go see who you are swapping with -- they are going to LOVE it.

Quilt Rat said...

Nice fabric! Loving the look of that leaf, looking forward to see the finished work!