Friday, July 20

Miracles Do Happen

It's been a long journey for my sister and her loving husband trying to adopt the sweetest little boy I've even known and this last Tuesday that journey came to an end. The judge said he is ours forever now. I broke into tears in the court room and was a bit teary for a little bit. I was over come with relief and joy. So I'll warn you now that I can put photos of our sweet little Ian on my blog and facebook you will be seeing him a lot. "AuntWoyce" is so proud. 
We thank God for this and our family is happy 
beyond words. 

Our last visit to the zoo

Today I've finally put the baby quilt on the machine
and hope to get the quilting done by Sunday. 

A lot of jewelry is using resin these days and I'd put off getting
any due to the cost. It costs about $25 to get started and not being
sure if I would like it I hesitated. 
Then I saw this Mod Podge product at JoAnn and for $5 thought
it worth a try. Well it works just great. 
Below you can see 3 test samples I did to see how it worked. 
The paper I've put behind the mica chips and crystals is still true in
color and the finish has a nice shine and is quite firm in 24 hours. 
I did break down and get a 2 part resin, but for many applications the
$5 product will work just fine. 


Tomorrow is quilt guild and we're having a square in a square class.
I need to get my fabric cut and all my stuff ready. It will be a fun day. 

3 comments:

B J Elder said...

What a wonderful end to a long and difficult journey. I smile each time I think of Ian being with his forever family and his Aunt Woyce! The right and best answer was made. Hooray!

fabriquefantastique said...

thats good news, lets wish Ian a long and happy life, he is a lucky boy.

Gene Black said...

Oooh Yaay! Congrats to your sis, her husband AND to Aunt Woyce!