Sunday, May 20

Sewing For Others


A plan had been put in place months ago for an on-going service project. After some discussion, it was decided our guild would adopt two projects to support. We will be making and donating NICU smocks for preemies and Booby Bolsters, which are soft pillows used by breast cancer patients while receiving chemotherapy as well as for post-op comfort and support. Stefanie our guild president got some great donations from The Quilting Squares (one of our great local quilt shops) and from Kelle Boyd of Ann Kelle Designs. So we had a great assortment of minky, quilter flannels and cottons. 
We all brought some food of course and set up stations for each member to do different tasks. I was assigned to cutting but with a sore shoulder soon swapped out with a friend to do the pillow stuffing. A good mindless job. The little NICU smocks are so precious. Here is a slightly blurry photo of Leah of Burgundy Buttons holding one of the little smocks. 






My friend Edna often gets me hooked on things. We call it creating Monsters - cause once we get started on something we can't stop. I had slowed down on doing my zen doodles until Edna showed me these round Mandalas. I just had to try this. So here are my first 2.

My dear friend Janice (from high school) was in town this weekend and we had a really good visit on Friday. Her daughter is expecting her first and I am planning a cute baby quilt. I had forgotten I had some really cute Ann Kelle fabric that will be perfect. So now I just need the perfect solid to mix in with these happy prints. 
Here is a quilt I made with some of her cute fabrics. 

Isn't her monkey fabric the cutest!


1 comment:

Cynthia Eloise said...

it's gonna be cute. i love the bold vivid colors for baby things.

when my kids were little everything was pink and blue. it was had to find bold colors. now there is a lot of choices.