Skip to main content

Ginger Update

It's been very hard for me to think about anything but my sweet little Ginger and all the pain/fear she is enduring right now. She has sure shown herself to be a tough little girl and fought her way threw all this hardship. This morning they removed the chest tube and lowered her pain meds and they said she seems much happier. The upside is that tomorrow she can come home. Her surgery was on Tuesday and she's done very well since then. With the bullet in her lung - only a 1/4" from her heart it's amazing she has pulled threw this. I'm beyond words to express my happiness. Auggie has no idea where she is and he's having a very hard time with all this. He goes out in the yard and looks for her - calls for her - it's so very sad. At least now I know she will be coming back to us.
I've not been able to keep my mind clear enough to do much of anything. I've not worked this week and didn't even go to sewing class on Tuesday. The one thing I have done was work on my zen doodle. That seems to stop my mind from thinking while I draw on this. Also yesterday I did a painting that is a step by step process that I will be teaching at JoAnn next month. It was a no brainer also. That seems all I'm capable of right now.

Sometimes I wonder if it's right to love your pets this much...there is nothing I can do about it thou for they are the world to me. I want their safety and happiness. I want to see that little tail wiggle with glee and know they are very content with their life. This is my gift to them and they repay me every hour of every day with a friendship that is beyond description.

 Doodle of mine and hubby's hand.  

Social Artwork - Acrylic painting - step by step process

Comments

quilthexle said…
Just read about cutie Ginger - I can totally relate to your feelings ! I love our cats probably too much, too ... but still, I would do almost everything for them. Keeping my fingers crossed for a happy outcome for Ginger and all of you, big hugs from Frauke, Gina and Basti (the cat gang)
I can relate, too. We lost our little dog last year and it was heartbreaking. Sending happy thoughts your way and hope that Ginger will be okay:)
Your artistic talents never fail to amaze me!
BJ said…
Before we got Freckles we just couldn't understand how people could be so attached to their pets... yep, that was "before". I know I am going to be a mess when something happens to him or his time on this earth ends. He is family and brings us such joy.
I am so happy that Ginger is pulling through so well. I'm sure once she is home and you know she is going to be fine you will start breathing again and will get back to your quilting, jewelry making, and other artistic endeavors.
Sandie said…
I'm so glad Ginger is pulling through this traumatic thing.
Keep up your strength too.
Have a lovely peaceful,loving weekend.
Hugs,

Sandie xx
Cynthia Eloise said…
glad to hear ginger is doing well. anybody that has pets understands how you feel. hugs.

Popular posts from this blog

Another Big Change...

 that I'm thrilled about. 

Next week unless something unforeseen happens I'll be closing on the sale of my 1925 house in East Nashville and moving away from the part of town I was born, grew up and lived in for the bulk of 61 years. 

This little town is no longer little, or quite, or like I remember. It's growing by leaps and bounds. I like change don't get me wrong but this is too much too fast. I think it's great that for the first time in my memory there is a restaurant close enough to walk to. 
There are great little art galleries, shops and wonderful restaurants popping up all over the place. The meat and three I've eaten at for 15+ years is now very popular. All of this is good - great even. 

But now I want slow and quite.  I've heard that 90+ people a day are moving to Nashville! So I figure this is the time to sell my house and move out of town to a nice quite place. So I call a friend who just happens to be a great realtor and bam! She finds me a house…

Holidays - Oh how I love them

I've just put the last show of the year behind me and now it's time to really get going for the holidays. I have a quilt on the machine ready to be quilted. Fabric stacked on the other machine ready to be cut. Canvases ready for backgrounds - well in other words - fun stuff a-plenty. 

The weather has turned cool - cold and it will soon be Thanksgiving. Since this is my first Thanksgiving in my new home we will have our dinner here. The turkey is waiting in the frig and the menu settled and the shopping done - I think I'm ready. 

For some reason the days before the holidays I always feel the need to do something new to the house. Why... don't you have enough on your plate? I guess not. Yesterday I painted an accent wall in the kitchen and hung a shelf and photos. The kitchen is yellow, it's a nice color of yellow, but I'm just not crazy about yellow. I went grey on this wall and I really like it.


This is only part of the wall, there are more photos etc, but this sh…

Managing Time

One thing I have found during the last 10 months is I have trouble managing my time like I have in the past. Seems like distractions and life run all over the schedules I make. I sometimes wonder if I'm like the little dog in UP and get the squirrel distraction.
For what ever the reasons this blog has drifted off into my Scarlet area of "I'll deal with it tomorrow. "

With my first show of the year just a few weeks out I'd normally be in full swing of creating new pieces for the show. I have only started creating again a few months back and seem to be getting into the flow of working at my bench once again, thou now as regular as I did in the past.  Here are a few of the recent items.


 This brass butterfly was given a rusted look with alcohol inks. 
An old sewing machine bulb, the end of a fork and some wings created this pendant
The focal element of this necklace is from a vintage bracelet
Then one day I decided to get out the poly clay again.  I've not done anythin…