Friday, July 22

The Early Bird Gets the Sewing Machine

Normally when my alarm goes off at 5:00 am I'd not be happy but this morning I jumped out of bed all excited. The adventure this morning was breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then on to an estate sale of quilter's treasures. Stefanie and I were pumped up and ready for some good deals.  Old quilts and blocks, books, machines and of course fabrics. My first attack was the children's sewing machines. Wanted to make sure I got first dibs on those. They had some beauties too. The fabrics were being sold at $1 per pound! Quickly I had my bag full. Then I started going threw all the vintage blocks/tops. I saw a grandmother's flower garden top and I made the mistake of putting it back down for a second and poof it was gone and I heard them say it was $15 - I could have kicked myself. Later thou I did find a big stack of flower garden blocks and got all of these for $15. We also got a box of rick rack and it's crammed full - we're splitting that. 


So here are my treasures. 
 All my fabrics

 Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks - what a beautiful stack 
Haven't counted them yet. 

 My prize of the day!
Need to find out the date this was made. 
Hubby has already started working on this
to get it working again. It's really frozen up
solid. Some of the metal is brass. 
Stefanie got 2 great children's machines too.

And how my little kitten flower garden is coming along. 
I only had 2 fat quarters of this fabric but
might be able to get more. 

Well off to pet, ogle and love on my fabrics. 

5 comments:

BJ said...

WOW! What great treasures you got! That was some sale. I love you machine. A great way to start your day.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I've never seen anything like that in my life. How exciting.

Cornwoman said...

That little machine is a beauty! You'll have to let us know how old it is. You got a lot of great fabrics and blocks too! What a fun day you had!

susan said...

fabulous finds! sounds like the perfect day (assuming you had coffee and sweets at some point)
i work at a quilt shop and we have the kitten fabric if you ever want to swap
adorable hexies

Gene Black said...

great finds! I nave never seen that type of sewing machine.