Friday, June 24

Oh what a good day!

Well today started out as just a run of the mill day - a little house work, running errands and then poof! I stopped at the post office and had 2 boxes. One was a book I'd been wanting for a good while that was on sale on Interweave in the Hurt Book Sale (and overstocked) My book wasn't hurt but was 1/2 price so I'm a happy girl. Today is the last day of this sale by the way. They have a huge selection of topics.


The other package was from the watch fairy - Elaine. If this isn't enough to make me jump up and down then little else will. Oh joy look at all those parts and bits. The big pocket watch case has my mind running in circles thinking of what to make with it. The small bits are screaming Post Cards!

This morning after his shower hubby informed me there is "very little soap left". OK that sounds like we're out of soap but I know there's at least 10 bars of Olay in the laundry room - I'm a bulk purchaser. 
In my mind when we get down to 2 of something we're out! So I'm thinking he's wanting more of the glycerine soap. I told him I'll make it in a day or two. After getting home from errands, putting everything away and determining what's for dinner - I had some time to kill. OK I'll try this and see how it works. So here's the mess I've made. The timer just went off so it's ready to pop out of the molds. Keep your fingers crossed. I tossed some oatmeal in one of the bars just to see how that worked out. The others are just soap and coconut scented. 


 All my excitement over watch parts, books and even the cutest little water melon I've ever seen - yes I bought it cause it was cute - I was not abel to pass on my excitement to the fat boy here. After he figured he wasn't going to get another milk bone he's just not interested any more. 


It is cute thou isn't it. Even thou it's cute it will
die a fast death later today. 

1 comment:

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I hope the watermelon was good:) I had a few books on my list but couldn't force myself to part with the $ right now!