Thursday, June 9

Moths and Night Sewing

Well night sewing is done while watching TV and as I've mentioned I've started a grandmother's flower garden "something". Not sure at this point how big it will get. It will for sure be a table topper. I have always normally done knitting/crocheting or zen doodles while watching tv but this has taken over and a basket sits by my chair now and I check it to make sure I have the little shapes cut out and ready. So glad I got the floor ott lamp when it was on sale half off. It's a blessing for sure. I'm really getting into the small stitches - 12-14 per inch. This is a very calming sewing project. Not sure yet how it will be quilted. Someone suggested I should hand quilt, but I'd originally planned to do it with the Sashiko. So I'll decide when it's done. 




I've also been working on a new swap project. It's the Think Spring swap with the Quilt With Us Group. They sent the fabrics we are to use and they really made me think hard. Of the 4 fabrics only one was something I would buy - so it's really taken me outside my color comfort zone. You know me and my earth tones with the occasional red tossed in. There are prints I'd not use often too and it's been a mind exercise to figure out a design. Here are the fabrics again and a look at where I am so far. 




I wandered around in JoAnn looking for the perfect "something" to make the moth's body out of. I even looked at fur - so I'll keep my final body material hidden till you can see it completed. Need some free motion on the tall grass and then I'll get started on that moth's body. 

No comments: