Monday, June 27

A Fun Weekend

I had a wonderful weekend. On Saturday my sister and her friend came by and visited a while and I got to meet her friends baby - Ava. I'd made Ava a few hats and a pillow case dress but I'd only seen photos of her. She is so sweet. My kids got to meet Ava too and they were good kids. 

 Isn't she sweet. 
I did the outline of a hand zen doodle for Ava's mom and put
Ava's hand in the palm of her mother's. This will be fun to draw
and I'll show you the progress as I go. 

On Sunday I got the table runner pieced and started the quilting. I would have been finished with the quilting but I got in a hurry towards the end and let my stitches get too big and had to pick it out. I don't think there is anything I hate more than un-sewing free motion, but it had to be done. So I've a little left to quilt and then I can put on the binding. 
I've decided to take the grandmother's flower garden I'm working on and let it be the center of a lap quilt. I just kept going with the hand piecing and it's gotten beyond the table topper it started out as. More to come on that later. 

2 comments:

Barb said...

What a cutie.....and love your runner.

Cornwoman said...

Ava is certainly a cutiepie!!