Tuesday, April 12

Sewing Withdrawal

Well it's just been days since I've done any sewing - 7 as of today. I do feel like I'm not quite centered when no creating is going on. I have had time to squeeze in a little doodling but that's about it. 

With Earth day this month I wanted to share the tote bag I made from a bird seed bag. 
There was almost nothing left over from the original bag. They only thing tossed out 
was from evening up the bottom. The wonderful Edna showed me how to make this. The only thing you need to keep in mind is don't use your regular sewing machine needle. She had me get a leather needle and it worked great. I just used regular thread too. So now Angel has a big old tote for her treasure hunts at the flea markets/yard sales. The handles were cut off the top of the bag above where the pretty bird drawing is. 


This morning I finished up Angel's hand print zen doodle.
I used water color pencils to color this in - you use
very little water. Just enough to blend the colors. 



And speaking of zen doodles this was done for the back of my new
line of note cards which will feature my doodles. 
The name was a suggestion from Stefanie when I told her
I did all my drawing in the morning when I'm having my coffee. 
I really liked it and drew up this cup of my favorite beverage yesterday. 



So after many days of no sewing - tomorrow I'm planning a good sewing day
with Stefanie and maybe just maybe next week I'll be back on my 
normal schedule and can go to my sewing social - I sure do miss the girls.

For now I need to watch a DVD workshop by Malka Dubrowsky. It's a new twist on Shibori techniques. It is a download from Quilting Arts. I LOVE their DVD Workshops. 
Any time they are on sale I always try to get any I can. I really lucked out
on this one when they had a special for 10 cents! Who would pass that up?

3 comments:

Barb said...

I just love your drawings!!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I wonder how many of Malka's downloads they sold? I haven't watched mine yet..maybe today.
I love the Zen Coffee! You are one talented girl:)

Angel said...

I'm so lucky to have such a creative sister!