Friday, April 1

Klunker Gets Some Face Time

Yesterday I had time to work on Klunker more and
finished his top and bottom fins and his face. 
Now to find the perfect hardware for his eye...hum what will it be?
These giant scissors hubby got for me are really coming 
in handy for this project. 

His "rivets" are brads from my scrap booking goodies. 
The metal I'm using is 40 gauge copper sheet. 
The shadowing is done with a mini torch. 
Today I'll work on his many scales. 

His background has been started as a raw edge applique 
quilt, but there is tons of free motion yet to be done on that. 
All the while I'm working on this I'm thinking on 
how it will be mounted. I have several ideas, mount on 
plexiglass, canvas, hardbord, clayboard - just not sure yet. 

1 comment:

BJ said...

Klunker is looking so great! The brads really add to him, as does your 'torching'. This is quite a project, but he's going to be fabulous when done! Can't wait for the next sneak peek!