Sunday, March 6

Road Trip For Fabric

Yesterday my sister and her husband and I went on a road trip to Fayetteville TN to go to Sirs Fabrics. I'd never been there before and it was sure worth the drive. The prices and selection were great and of course all the sights, even thou it rained non stop were wonderful. 
 Along the road. 
 Down town
 One of 2 buildings of Sirs. 
We loved this upholstery fabric. 
 Lunch at Honey's. They opened in the 1930's.
 Fabric I got for my new patio chairs. 
The chairs are black iron. Won't this look great. 
 Couldn't pass up  more Olivia fabric. 
The polka dots were a must too. 

After fabric shopping and a good lunch we hit the antique shops. 
There were a lot of these in town and I just couldn't
pass up this old 1950's Samsonite train case. 
After looking it up on line, I think I got a great deal. 

 I just have to figure out a way to make this fit into
my sewing room to store fabric in. 
With all the hangers it will be great eye candy. 

Last week I received my swap from Gwen
I was just so thrilled with this. Her post card is 
wonderful and the addition of the inchies transforms
it into a whole new piece of art. 

5 comments:

Barb said...

Your road trip sounds awesome...love the fabrics and case

S said...

Thanks for sharing! Your page is so pretty!!! And, what a small world: You visited my home away from home...where much of my family lives. (I'm about 1 hour away, in Huntsville AL.) That town square still has so much charm. BTW: Your finds were wonderful. That train case was in great shape, too! Loved your colorful photos. Please come back and share pics when you've made items...especially with that adorable piggy fabric.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I've been to Sir's a few times. Very nice store and good prices! I'll have to check out the antique stores next time.
Where did you see the barn quilt? I've been thinking of making a half size one for my storage shed:)

Gene Black said...

I am trying to NOT buy fabric for a while. (yes it is difficult!) If I went to Sirs, I will surely fall victim to the "stash building" syndrome.

Angel said...

so much fun! I love my Vanna White pose!