Wednesday, March 30

Good Mail

Yesterday I went to the post office to pick up the mail and got a wonderful surprise!
A big box of fabric. Who wouldn't love that. 
I did a logo for a fellow quilter and we'd agreed that my payment
would be fabric. This was a wonderful surprise to get so much. 
There was also 2 great books in the box of goodies of Japanese Quilts. 
All of the fabrics are beautiful and some are designs I'd never 
have picked out for myself and I love them all. 




At the quilting social yesterday I learned 2 new things. One was to take a 20lb bag of bird seed and turn it into a huge tote. It's for my sister to take on her treasure hunting trips to the flea market. 
The other thing was I learned how to make a french seam pillow case. When reorganizing my sewing room I'd set aside fabric for pillow cases and this pig fabric was one of them. The brown trim - one of my favorite Moda grunge fabrics. (I have this in about 5 different colors - love it)
So today I'll start my koi quilt. Think I finally have a design in mind. 

2 comments:

BJ said...

Those fabrics are so perfect for you. What fun!
Your pillowcase is great too. So easy to do with the french seams and such a great finish for them.

Barb said...

Wonderful fabrics!!