Sunday, March 13

Brainstorming

When creative people get together - wonderful things happen. Saturday while at the Open House I was talking to Edna the quilt instructor and Becky a creative jewelry designer. We were talking about the beautiful Zen Tangle quilt Edna had made and that was when Becky came up with a fantastic idea. 
It's been buzzing around in my mind ever since and today it's getting started. I've never done a series of pieces, so this will be my first. It involves "Klunker".  Born in a sea of zen tangles Klunker is going to come to life in the media he was born for - metal. I've printed out my pattern and will start cutting the metal today. I've never done anything like this and I'm so very excited. 
So as of now he's just a billion ideas running wild in my head. Will I quilt a free form sea for him. How about fabric paper? This will be an exciting mixed media piece and I'm off now to jump in head first. 

3 comments:

Stephanie Forsyth said...

1. You can quilt through copper, and 2. I am SO excited to see the progress of this project! WOW!

Barb said...

I am like Stephanie, I am excited to see what you are going to do......

Gene Black said...

Yaaay...that will be an inspiration for the rest of us.