Wednesday, March 9

Another Journal Page Done - Zen

Ahhhh such a zen moment when another page is completed for my Techniques 4 Textiles journal. I'd fallen a bit behind on this on going project. I do tend to get distracted with other little projects. I have been drawing zen tangles and zen doodles on paper and really enjoy it.  For my journal page I wanted to use my machine as my pen and fabric as my paper. The quilting is pretty small, but it was fun. I get so lost I don't realize how long I've been buzzing away on such a small project till I look up at the clock. It is zen like to be sure. Now that I've taught myself how to sit properly I don't get back and shoulder pain when doing free motion. I still catch myself slumping, but sit right back up when I do, and keep my arms supported on the edge of the table. It's made all the difference in the world for my upper back. 


I think I'll start working on my 
Deconstructed Crazy Quilting page next. 
Also started cutting the fabric for my fish quilt - 
that's it's name till I come up with a better one. 
So off to play.

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love your Zen piece. I need to learn to draw with my machine.

Cynthia Eloise said...

i love you what you are doing with the zen tangles. it's a whole different dimension when stitched. cool.