Wednesday, February 2

Planning for The Weekend

Yesterday was my day to go sew with the girls at JoAnn. As always we had a fun day. The first day of each month we have covered dish and yesterday we had 2 wonderful soups, corn bread, salad and home baked wheat bread. I took brownies for a little something sweet. 

This is my D9P I'm working on and it's ready to start assembling the front. 
The fabric is by Moda, but I forget the name. The tan dot fabric is my 
stashing and back. This will be a lap quilt for a good friend. I love the fabric with
the writing on it. 

I was walking by Kay's work area and saw this koi fabric and
just knew I had to have it. I was told it was a JoAnn fabric so
I went right out and got it. Since this is way far from 
my normal color comfort zone I had to get a little help 
with the other 2 fabrics. The orange was hard for me
to select, but with some help from a quilting buddy I got just the right color. 

This morning I packed up my supplies for this weekend's Crop Till You Drop. 
Three days of scrap booking fun. It's about 50 ladies with a passion. 
I normally take way too much stuff and this year I've planned well
and have my supplies down to a reasonable amount. It always amazes 
me how much stuff some people take with them. 
It will be a fun weekend. My quilting friend Stefanie is the
promoter of this even. I call her the scrapbook queen. 

She has a wonderful on line shop. Her customized
items are great and she has something for 
every desire. With Valentine's coming up you should 
drop by and get something oh so special for your
special someone. 

No comments: