Friday, January 21

Facelift

This week I was trying so hard to stay on budget and went into JoAnn with a list of 3 things. I'll now amaze you by saying I only bought those 3. This could be a record. I needed a new sketch book, fabric paint and beading needles. 


The first thing I do when I get a new sketch book 
is to decorate the cover. 
So this morning since I'm snowed in yet again I thought
this would be a good time to get some little projects done. 
The screen on the book cover is from a friends old screen door. 
When she told me she was replacing the door and I asked for 
the old screen  - she thought that was odd even for me. 
But I really like the way it looks. 

And one of my favorite sayings goes on the front. 


This is some of my new fabric paint. I love the metallics. 


2 comments:

katherinesands said...

LOVE the front of your sketchbook...you are giving me ideas........!

Cynthia Eloise said...

you are amazing, only 3 things. i like your sketch book cover. i found an old journal a friend gave me a long time ago that i keep in the car. i started doodling in it the other day. i think i'll decorate the front. thanks for the idea.