Friday, January 14

Embossing Metal for my Fiber Art

Yesterday I had a really fun day. Stefanie and I went out and had a good lunch at Cracker Barrel, one of my favorite places. Then we went to the movies and saw Narnia, Voyage of the Dawn Treader in 3D. The movie was really good. I've seen all 3. After the movie we went to JoAnn and did some shopping. They had tons of sales and I picked up a few new toys. So this morning I couldn't wait to get started playing. 

I got more of the thin metal sheets. 
They emboss very well with my Cuttlebug. 
You can even use the dies to cut the metal. 
This metal had a short trip into a hot flame 
first to change the color. 


Here is a close up of the color variations and textures. 


The scrap booking weekend is getting closer so my mind is turning towards
things I'll need. The huge tape gun has been on my wish list
for several years, but is a bit pricy and yesterday it was on sale and I 
got 60% off - well just couldn't pass that up. 

So off to make an ATC from the metal I embossed. 

1 comment:

BJ said...

It would be such fun to come "play" with you. I would learn so much. I am going to have to order the metal as our store definitely does not have it.