Monday, December 13

Snowed In and Sewing - Love it!

Yesterday as I was standing in the check-out line at JoAnn I looked out the front window and saw these huge beautiful snowflakes. It was really coming down and snowed most of the night. We don't get a lot of snow and it's normally in Jan-Feb so this was nice to get 2" this early.  
This is a perfect day for sewing and I finished up a wall hanging with some beautiful inchies by Gwen from a swap at Quilt With Us. 
The old off-white fabric was a great yard sale find by my sister. It's wonderful and has rust  and odd sections sewn together. I added some walnut spray and did some fabric painting. 



With some of the fabric left over I made a quick ATC. 
I love the look of copper wire, well metal in general on my fiber art. 
I was toying with beads on this too, but knew when to say stop, at lease on this one.


Need to get back to my civil war blocks, but first I think I'll warm up the kitchen with making some ginger snaps. 

2 comments:

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I like this! Love the look of the copper wire:)

How were the gingersnaps?

Cynthia Eloise said...

i like how you used the copper wire. i love the contrast, fabric and metal. i can almost smell the gingersnaps.