Tuesday, November 2

Needle Felting...

With a machine of course!
This is what I've been working on today. I'd not used my Embellisher in months and it was great getting it out again. I got 3 pieces of fabric on Saturday while at Jo-Ann for the embellisher. You don't use your well loved quilters cottons for this machine - nope it's synthetics all the way. I tossed in some wool roving too. 

This is how it started out. 




After all the felting is done.



Then the free motion.



The next thing I'll do is some hand beading. That's sitting in the big chair watching TV sewing on the beads and possibly adding a little metal in the mix. Hope to get this finished in the next few days. 

I had to put the other project on hold for a while cause I just needed to mull over the design a bit longer. It was just one of those projects that didn't want to play with others. 



Here are some of the pieces I'd made for this art quilt. After laying them all out it was a disappointment. So I'll save the large back section for something else and then regroup on what to do with the bird quilt. Some times things just fall together and then there are stubborn quilts like this one.

3 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your work is unbelievable wonderful!

Billie

Barb said...

I find it very interesting in your felting....just lovely!

Charlotte said...

Royce, this was great to see how you made that wonderful *new* piece of fabric using your embellisher. Thanks for sharing!

Charlotte