Wednesday, November 10

Good Mail and Good Friends

Well here I sit rocking out to Tina Turner and enjoying my new wall quilt I got in the mail yesterday. Can a day just get any better. Sweet puppies at your feet which are tapping away to a great song. Yesterday was such a great day I think I'm still over filled with happy from it. 

I went out to the post office to pick up a box from Jim Shore I'd ordered for a friend for Christmas and what a wonderful surprise to get this package for me! A beautiful inchie quilt from Gwen. It's a thank you for hosting the "Fall Colors" block swap on the Quilt With Us group Art Quilts. We do these block swaps and then after you get your block you continue on with the design and create a wall hanging from it. It's wonderful. This photo just does not do justice to this beautiful quilt. The free motion is great and the inchies are wonderful.  You can't really see but each inchie has a glittered tulle "drop shadow" beneath it. The tiny sparkles are just the right touch. 



Full view of the 9" x 11" quilt


 Detail of the inchies

Then yesterday afternoon I spent some good time with a high school friend in town from California. Went over to her mom's house and we just had a great time. Her mom reminded us of when she caught us skipping school (we weren't really bad girls) We all laughed and had a good time. Her mom quilts so I took over a few quilts I've made for Christmas presents and we talked about them. Was sorry to say good by and know Janice my SBC (sister by choice) is flying away today. Will miss you buddy. 

Need to get to work on one of my last Christmas presents today. It has a good bit of applique and I'm still not done with cutting out all the little bits. 

No comments: