Monday, November 29

Back to Sewing

Well with Thanksgiving behind me I can get back to sewing a little. It seemed I spent most of the day yesterday on Etsy uploading new stuff, getting ready for Cyber Monday. Hopefully folks are buying some hand made items this year. And if you aren't shame on you, click over to Etsy and find that perfect gift. The TAFA members have a great variety. I think we're special of course. 


After cleaning up my sewing room yesterday, WOW you can see the floor now - I felt I could take some time to do something not on my to do list and just play. My friend Edna told me about these cute little quilts called mug rugs, which are cup coasters big enough for your cup and a cookie.  That got me to thinking, that's nice, but what if it was just a little bit bigger? Maybe lunch or - oh snack size. So I made a little Snack Mat. OK it's silly, but was fun to have a small project I could start/finish and eat off of all in under 2 hours. How can you beat that? There is also that all consuming need to eat pie. It's 12" x 12" and I just did a wonky log cabin. Think I'll make a few more and it will be great ways to try out new free motion patterns. 


Hum this makes me want more pie...




Yesterday I also worked on some jewelry and one of the things is for a class at JoAnn it's called a Wiggle Cuff, not sure about why they named it that. It was a fun project and of course I made mine from copper. 



2 comments:

Cynthia Eloise said...

i like your "wonky log cabin" mat. a great idea, i've been wanting to try some free motion quilting since i got my new machine. next project.

Cottonwood Quilter said...

Great Snack Mat Royce, I made some of them to use as Candle Mats, just a thought.