Sunday, October 24

Our First Guild Meeting



Yesterday we had our very first meeting of the Music City Modern Quilter's Guild.
Our meeting was held in a very old house which is
now a club house in a Franklin TN neighborhood. I just loved
the furniture in the room we had our meeting in. 





This is a very interesting chair I'll have to look up this design. 




My mom had reproductions of this type of chair in her living-room, 
so this made me feel right at home. This is by the way the men's chair. 
The women's chair had very low arms, so there would be room for the huge 
dresses worn in that time period. We're talking Gone With The Wind big dresses. 


and after all what is important at any gathering - food 
I totally forgot to take a photo before it was munched on, what was
I thinking - oh well eating I guess. 

Burgundy Buttons sponsored our first meeting and each new member
got a wonderful goodie bag. She also had a good selection of 
fabrics for sale with my favorite word DISCOUNT! So I just
couldn't pass up getting a "few" little bits. 





I've added several new blog links under Good Reading. 
These are a few of our members. 

If you know anyone in the middle TN area who is looking for a great place to share 
their love of fiber art and quilting just point them in our direction. 

check out our blog

2 comments:

Barb said...

Looks like it was alot of fun....thanks for sharing.

BJ said...

What a great space for your meetings. Love the chairs -- I can see some fun art quilts just with them! Your goodies are enough to bring me to the group... if the airfare wasn't so much. I'm sure your guild is going to be fabulous!