Saturday, October 16

Good Mail

Today was a great mail day. I got my post card from our recent swap. The theme was EYE. My post card made by Linda G. titled "Cup of Joe, My Eye Opener". I normally put all my small swaps in my sewing room but this one just might have to live in the kitchen so I can see it each morning, whether my eyes are open yet or not.  




Another exciting item in the mail was a jelly roll I won from Qubee Quilts. It's simple more earthy patterns, the kind I like. Will have to live with this a while before I think of something to do with it.



As you might have noticed I've been attracted with making fiber cuffs here lately and this is my version of something sweet and a little more girlie. There is a vintage cameo and lots of lace. Once again it's the draw of the unknown - no pattern - no plan. Gotta love it.



Really need to get back to my Civil War quilt...but I think I need to make one more funky thing first. Got this idea and really need to try it out. It involves boots, I'll say no more.

2 comments:

Cynthia Eloise said...

boots? can't wait to see where your creativeness is going with this one. love your cuff.

Cottonwood Quilter said...

Glad you got the postcard, I was getting worried!