Wednesday, October 20

Finally it's Started

Yesterday I got a goodie in the mail from Brenda in our Quilt With Us Group. She was the hostess of the EYE swap and made each person one of these cute little pin cushions. This seemed like a great place for it, right on top of my machine. 



I was out yesterday and stopped at one of my local quilt shops to post a flyer for the new guild and picked up a few pieces of civil war fabric and also this wonderful book. It has some of the cutest patterns in it for Christmas. I just love reindeer and it has some very sweet ones. The placemat and oven mitt are my favorites and I'll just have to make them for myself. 



I've finally gotten started on a civil war / Gone With The Wind lap quilt I'm making for my little sister. She loves that movie and when I saw this fabric in the Hancocks catalog I had to have it. I'm mixing the traditional Civil War blocks with the Gone With The Wind fabrics. Some of the blocks that are fussy cut from the GWTW fabric are for the back of the quilt. This is the first time I've tried some of these traditional blocks and they are fun due to it being so different from what I normally do - measured, structured and exact. 





This morning I boxed up this mixed media that sold at my Etsy shop. It's on it's way to NYC. This has been one of my favorites and I'm glad it has a new home. 



The game plan for today is to get a UFO completed. It's been sitting there for a good bit. So today it will be completed. Well off to sew.

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Royce, I found that when I did the Jelly Roll Quilt along - I could do the traditional pieced blocks. (and actually do them pretty well too.)

It is fun to vary from what we "always do" Sometimes, it opens up new avenues too.