Wednesday, September 29

The Mother Ship of Fabric Shops

Yesterday 2 quilting buddies and I took a little road trip to Paducah KY to the mother ship of all fabric shops, Hancock. I truly love this place. It's a little bit of a drive from Nashville but so well worth it. I mulled over the catalog several days before the trip to select fabrics I just had to have. But you do have to have nurishment to shop so on the way we stopped at Patti's  for lunch. This is a wonderful place to eat if your in the Paducah area. They are famous for their pork chops that are 2" thick. Not wanting to be too full to shop thou I had the chicken salad. I didn't want to be too good thou and followed that salad with a slice of Sawdust Pie



LeeAnn and Kay waiting on our good food. 
They serve bread baked in a flower pot with 
strawberry butter, which is too good to put into words. 


This is more than just a good restaurant and has beautiful winding paths threw gardens and many shops and other things to do. This caught me eye cause I love dragons and he was just too cute. I can see this in my back yard. This would cause eye rolling from DH for sure.



Couldn't leave these cute towels behind. 
I've tried to stop putting pigs in the kitchen, 
but what can I say they had to be mine. 

Now down the road to Hancock!



We lost track of time so I don't know how long we were shopping, but time flies when you are surrounded with so much fabric. Here are my goodies I picked up. Two new patterns. I'd wanted the Athena's puzzle one for a good while and finally broke down and got it. The second one was a spontaneous purchase when I saw the sample hanging in the store. It was made of different fabrics and was just beautiful. Read over the instructions and it looks pretty easy. 




Love Moda Fruitcake and found the 
large section in the salvage bin! 
Half price, gotta love it.


Almost always come home with an oriental 
and these 2 I just loved. 
The one on the left is a panel with 4 different images. 




Have a new quilt in the planning stages and it will be a
Gone With The Wind with other civil war fabrics. 
All of these were from the half price bin but 1, score!

Well now I need to put all the fabric away and get started on the
new version of my Fall Colors block for the swap on Quilt With Us. 

Just boxed up a sale from my Etsy shop, it's a good day.


2 comments:

BJ said...

Looks like a great day from start to finish! How fun. Love your purchases too.

Cynthia Eloise said...

wow, a very good day. good food, fabric store, and an etsy sale. what more could you ask for, well maybe chocolate?