Friday, August 13

A Good Friday

During all this moving and painting stuff I've fallen so far behind on simple things like reading my e-mail. It took me about 2 hours to get caught up with the wonderful groups I belong to on Quilt With Us. Can't miss out on what's going on there. I discovered that one of the members, Terri Drake of The Drake's Nest Studios had posted her new guest artist for Aug. It's me! Drop by and check out her site.

I need samples for tomorrow's open house at JoAnn of the wire workshop so I needed to make samples of coils, different wraps etc. After I got done with those I though hey I need new jewelry! So I made some simple swinging little earrings and a good basic black necklace. Didn't have to drag all the jewelry stuff out on the dinning room table today, nope - just sat right in my new room and played with the wire and had a big old time. That little table is just the right size.

Going to try a new technique for putting on binding with the machine on Sunday, I'll let you know how it turns out. I just don't have the patience/time to do it by hand.




2 comments:

Terri said...

Royce, your jewelry is wonderful! Then again, I'm not surprised given your talents and many gifts still to be discovered. I LOVE your new sewing/crafting area. What a way to reuse the TV center. I could get our TV off the TV Center (still has TV in it) I'd gut that and make it into something useable for the studio or put an aquarium in it for the cat . Have a great day.
Terri at the Drake's Nest in Ossineke, MI

Gene Black said...

I wish you were closer to me. I NEED that wire workshop!
I can see the idea in my mind's eye, but I can't seem to make it work.