Saturday, August 28

Finishing Up Several Small Projects

I'm coming down to the finish line on getting my Christmas stuff completed. I have the last quilt on the machine to be quilted. I'm so happy. I have several other small wall hangings to do but really after this quilt is done I'm finished. Whew.


I got to wondering while putting the hanger on the back of this little wall quilt how other folks hang their quilts. I am looking for a new way to display my wall quilts. I don't want anything to show from the front - just the quilt. So if you have a method for this do let me know. Currently I make a rod pocket and slip in a round wood rod and put in picture hanger screws in each end and use the wire you hang a frame up with. I'm not crazy about how this looks, but it works. The wire is below the top of the quilt and the wood rod keeps the top of the quilt from flopping on the corners.



Have several swaps coming up soon and needed to get those pieces done. The swaps are all in the Quilt With Us group. We have an inchie swap, ATC fall theme swap, Post Card swap with the theme of EYE, and also in the Art Quilt group we're coming near the deadline for our black and white plus 1 color block swap. Our next swap in the Art Quilt group will be a fall swap, but the theme hasn't been determined yet...I'm the hostess and I just can't make up my mind. I have till tomorrow to post the theme and other specifics. Think I'll toss in a twist on the fabric too...hum.

I made this ATC today for our above mentioned fall swap. It's made of ties, wire, beads and a pinch of cotton. I've never made anything from men's ties before. My friend Paula loves working with ties and is making a gorgeous pillow just using the narrow end tips. The 2 ties I used were very different in fabric thickness and feel but with some SAS2 it worked out great. I really enjoy the instant gratification when making ATC's and post cards.

1 comment:

BJ said...

The Santa is so cute. If you move your rod pocket to the top of the quilt and have the top seam in the binding stitch you won't have the problem of the quilt flipping down at all.
LOVE the ATC too. The use of ties in it is fabulous. I learn so much from you.