Monday, July 5

Relaxing On The 4th

Yesterday we opted to just stay in and relax. We grilled out of course, it's almost a must do. It was hard to pull me away from the tv thou cause they were running all the Star Wars movies back to back. It's almost unbelievable to me that those movies (the first ones) are 30 years old. I clearly remember taking little Angel (my little sister) and standing in line at the downtown theatre - which is gone now - to see the first movie on opening night. She was about 6 then I think.

After breakfast yesterday thou I got out the poly clay and had a fun time. I needed to make some custom buttons for several Christmas wall hangings I am making - reindeer noses and snowmen carrots noses. I also needed to make a finial for a lamp for my friend Paul. She has made a wonderful lamp for the tomato festival. I'll post a photo when she has finished it. But she needed a tomato for the top. I made her 2 sizes and then got silly and made one with a face (not for her pretty lamp thou).




Then I made this for my hubby. I'd made one of these years ago and gave it to a friend,
and he wanted another one. As soon as the antiquing dried he had it on the base board.
It's about 6" tall. Our old house has huge base boards.
So now the fairies can get into the house.


Today it's back to sewing. I am going to make some inchies today for a friend who is making an inchie bracelet. She is getting inchies from several other quilters and going to wear her finished bracelet to her local quilt show. I did make my first clay inchies yesterday and will embellish them today and send her one of those too.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I love the fairy portal! A whimsical and adorable accessory.

Chartreuse Moose said...

What a delightful blog! Thank you! Loved the fairy door...so happy to discover another person who lives in the land of whimsy!!!