Sunday, June 13

Just Not Enough Time To Sew

Well this has been a no sew week, bummer. I worked on the bird book all day Mon - Tues. Took care of the messy house on Wed. Ran errands all day Thurs and Friday had a fun fabric shopping day with Stefanie, but no sewing. So today after hours on the computer once again I just had to sew something and I figured a few inches were better than nothing.


While out shopping with Stefanie on Friday we went to the book store ( I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket ) and I found a good book. I normally don't even look at book stores for fiber books cause they have so few and normally stick to the magazine rack. This is a good book with lots of funky techniques in it. I plan on trying a few on some up coming swaps I have.


One swap I'm in is for a 12 x 12 block that can be black & white + 1 color. So I'm thinking do I want to use my one color as thread? Paint? Another Fabric? It's a good challenge too and has me thinking. Then there is a post card swap coming up and we also are in the planning stages of an inchie swap. I need these smaller projects to keep me from getting bogged down in the bigger quilts I'm making for Christmas. I've got 2 finished for presents and one ready to quilt and about 3 laying on the cutting table in different stages of completion. It makes my head spin when I go in the sewing room with the little piles staring at me.

2 comments:

BJ said...

Cute inchies, Royce. I know you will come up with a great idea for your B&W+color. Looking forward to it!

Cynthia Eloise said...

love your little inches. great little samplers. thanks for sharing.