Saturday, February 27

Sewing Rooms

Today we went out to visit our friends to see the work being done in there kitchen remodel. But as always Paula and I ended up in her sewing room. She has one of the prettiest sewing rooms I've been in and I wanted you to see some of her oh so sweet little ways of storage. The deep frame below holds a good selection of thread and the shelf above many little goodies. Paula has a wonderful eye for displaying her work and the vintage quilts she owns. She also has a wonderful collection of sewing machines, all which work. I think she has 2 (or more) of the little Featherweights. One in the treasured white.



The little green shelf was a find at a local craft show and she got
two of them and spools fit perfectly.
She also put her smaller bundles of fabric out where
she can see them in vintage containers. Such lovely colors.

Another sewing room that isn't quite ready to be seen yet is my friend Jeannette's. She is doing a major remodel to her room, but I'll save that for later. One tid bit I will share is the painting I did on one of her walls. This is almost 5' tall. It ties in with her inspiration piece a little box with dress mannequins on it.



Now back to my house

I finished my new ironing board and it's ready for work. I covered it with the same 30's flavor fabric I used on the laundry room window - that's where I iron most of the time. The new top is 58 x 21. I put 2 layers of low loft batting then the cute fabric. Now that annoying point is gone and ironing large sections of fabric will be a breeze.


1 comment:

Barb said...

Enjoyed the sewing rooms.....your friends room is really nice, would be alot of fun to play in. Love your ironing board cover!