Monday, December 14

Only Crazy People Do House Renovating At The Holidays

Well I guess that makes me crazy. After I'd determined to get that old carpet up thou their was no stopping me. Well the old floor stopped me, but just for a while. The the prices of new floor stopped me, but I'm a hard headed girl and moved on from there too. So now 10 days later it's over with and I'm so glad. I've moved the last piece of furniture back into place and even opened the sewing machine today. Life returns to normal. This is what it started out with, sad huh?


The babies didn't want to give up the carpet.
It was all broke in, for goodness sakes.
All the sawing and compressors and nail guns were almost too much for
Ginger. On the other hand thou little Auggie didn't seem much
to be bothered by any of this.


The kids still miss the carpet and for now I've just got them little carpet samples I got at the flooring store. Hubby said we could just move the little carpets around and the babies will just go where we sit them. That is pretty much true. With all this crazy stuff going on this is the first year EVER I've not put up my big Christmas tree. It seems very odd. So I stopped one day while I was out and got a little 4.5 ft tree with lights on it and have it on a little table. Oh have to have a tree, Hubby laughed at me and said he knew I'd do this. Well I'm predictable at least.

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

The floors look GREAT.. I wish I were brave enough to rip up my carpet. I know that there is hardwood under it..but I also know that they glued the previous carpet directly to the hardwood.