Thursday, December 31

New Year's Eve Fire Works, well not really

I've never been one for celebrating New Years, seldom do we even make it to midnight. It's just not a big deal to me. New years day isn't either since neither of us are sports fans and don't watch any of the "big" games. I seldom even know who's playing and my friends joke with me that I only know the colors of the uniforms to even be able to tell them apart. I do cook the good luck black eyed peas, but that is about the end of any traditions around here. It's a day off work and one to relax and in my case, sew. I did get several very nice sewing related presents for Christmas and today while working on an apron for Angel my pin cushion ran dry and when I went up to get more I put them in one of my new pincushions that was from Angel. It's Mary Engelbreit and so very precious. It even has a little pillow that goes in the chair.


I finally got the sewing machine back open yesterday and had other things to do and not a lot of time to sew so I started on a few ATC. I got 4 started and they are ready to trim down and do the hand beading etc on.

So today while letting a big pot of beef stew simmer I started on Angel's apron which was to have been a Christmas present (oh bad sister) but I didn't even get it started. This way thou she will get a little present between now and her B-day - so hey another present is always good. I got this pretty fabric in Gatlinburg at the Cherry Pit, I just loved it and it has that 50's flavor. Toss in the red rick-rack and I'm feeling pretty much like June in Leave it to Beaver, minus the pearl necklace. This is the first time I've used rick rack on anything and I found I had to pin it to death to get it to stay, bad rick rack stay!

Happy New Year to you all and
thanks for stopping by from time to time.
May you all have a good new year
filled with peace and happiness.

2 comments:

Linda B said...

You sound just like me. New Year's Day is for taking down the tree and cleaning up the house. Football? I'm opposed to that game in general, but love movies about it. Hmmm. And I enjoy a good college game at my alma mater about once every 10 years!
Love the apron. So will your sister. It's worth the wait.

maggi said...

That pincushion is just so cute. The apron is going great and I'm sure that the battle with the rick rack will be worth it in the end. Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a wonderful 2010